Excellence in Digital Transformation
In our writing on the Management and Leadership blog, we will be discussing the essential roles for service companies. In particular, executive positions that meet the objective of successful growth. On that point, digital transformation is at the top of planning for many companies in retail, banking, accounting, and managing members of an association and large organization. The growing use of technology and the consistent focus and importance of digital transformation are two poles at work in management. Further, it is hard to ignore the value of a professional who can handle the issues of technology within the executive suite.
Indeed, digital transformation is transformative. Changes in the way professional business gets done today, creating numerous management issues, such as dealing with the proper way to motivate remote workers. On a higher-level, though, it is within the working relationships and processes where we can see more significant positive changes in a company. For example:
- there are more shared work objectives;
- turning leads into customers is a collaboration between sales teams, marketing and advertising staff;
- Analytics offer reporting to the executive board that is vastly improved.
The effect of digital transformation on large organizations is tremendous, especially when we look at their digital activities, campaigns, and brands. Immediately delivered across a national or global area, this hyper-capable context for getting work done enables a competitive edge. Achieving it is not easy. But, the important task of maintaining the digital workplace and workforce is a vital first step.
Managing The Collaborative Workplace
Digital transformation makes much of the work done today fundamentally collaborative, such as through the Google Suite or Microsoft. As a consequence, there are many new touchpoints across a company that can be analyzed and understood. Here we encounter the decision making capability given by the technological realm. It is here where the proverbial rubber meets the road that the Chief Information Officer ( CIO) meets the strategic objectives of the board, executive director and CEO; and the aim of better achieving on being a collaborative, technological, and learning organization.
The pressure for digital transformation is often most substantial in companies in the sectors we work with, such as those in banking, retail, and associations. Enterprises and organizations that hire for this role can better prepare for the challenges of the competitive digital marketplace. And, advising and working with you to look at your organizational structure, and understand the essential knowledge, talent and structural gaps in your company, is part of our mission in helping your business to improve.
The definition of a CIO is a person who acts on the enterprise goals of a company at the senior level. Now, let's look at the ten reasons why the CIO is an essential member of the executive.
Top 10 Reasons for the CIO
- Prototyping new ideas and services often help to validate your business model.
- Mobile customers demand the same usability and quality as desktop users.
- Big data offers the executive board vital insights.
- Technology offers essential knowledge about the customer.
- Behavioural economy and behaviour are tracked through digital strategy.
- Several significant trends, like AI, VR, and AR, are changing the workplace.
- A digital strategy is now about increasing convenience for customers and employees.
- Having a CIO on the board level adds capacity to both understand and make better decisions about digital technology.
- Automation is critical for both internal and external business processes.
- On the board level, the CIO delivers on digital transformation, which cuts across many parts of the organization.
After reading the list above, you might be curious about the scope of work for a CIO. Here is one we suggest: Button to CIO job description. The below video also goes through a fascinating discussion of the CIO's role, scope, and overview. Finally, we hope this article is helpful. Please let us know if you have questions or require help in implementing a strategy to improve your business.